That's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!


The last thing to do was pick out a pumpkin. Each child was able to walk through the fields and pick any pumpkin they could carry. That was the rule. They had to be able to carry it. Well, Leah was so excited. As you can see. She walked for 10 minutes in search of the perfect pumpkin. Then she found it......................................................but it was too big for her to lift. She tried, and tried, and of course, CRIED.
And, being the typical mom, I had the camera in my hand taking pictures instead of trying to help her. Well, eventually I realized I should stop with the camera and help my crying child. So I figured it wouldn't really matter if Leah took this pumpkin. I helped her put it into a plastic bag and then we went to pay the person before we left. (Each child cost $5 to come on this field trip). They never said anything about the pumpkin. So......I guess it was okay!

Leah thought the field trip would be fun. Then she saw the mud and the corn maze and that changed her opinion. The hay ride brought a half-smile to her face for a few minutes. And the search for the GREAT PUMPKIN ended in disaster. Oh well, at least I got some good pics out of it.

Oh yah, and to let you know. That so-called GREAT PUMPKIN ended up having a small hole hidden behind a dirt clump. (I found it when I cleaned it off at home). Now the entire backside of her pumpkin is moldy! It's out on our front steps. Leah was devastated when she found out. All that work........for nothing! Literally!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like this girl has you and Matt wrapped around her little finger. If she doesn't like mud, that must mean Matt doesn't take them on the four wheeler very often? Oh, no- thats not it. Matts scared of the mud, too.